The WFF Startup Innovation Awards, powered by Extreme Tech Challenge (XTC) are a global startup competition established to support and showcase innovators and entrepreneurs who are harnessing the power of technology to drive the sustainable transformation of agrifood systems in support of ending global hunger and achieving the Sustainable Development Goals.
These awards aim to elevate the next generation of entrepreneurs who are creating new technologies and innovations to benefit our planet and the agrifood systems we need to thrive.
About the WFF Startup Innovation Awards
The WFF Startup Innovation Awards is seeking to identify, elevate and accelerate the growth of startups who show the greatest potential for a positive impact in transforming agrifood systems, aligned to one of these: better production, better nutrition, better environment and better life. The awards are divided into the following categories:
- WFF Better Production Startup Award
- WFF Better Nutrition Startup Award
- WFF Better Environment Startup Award
- WFF Better Life Startup Award
- WFF Startup Innovation of the Year Award
- Global visibility
- The ability to raise capital
- Network with global entities (governments, United Nations agencies, corporations, VCs, partners)
- Mentorship opportunities to pioneer technological breakthroughs and help power a sustainable future for food.
- Startup must be in Environmental, Sustainable Agriculture, Food Safety, Farms, Organic Farming, Food Processing, Food Science, Food & Beverages, Agri-Food Distribution, Novel Farming Systems, Food & Nutrition Composition, Food Ordering & Delivery, Food Packaging, Food Robotics, Food Waste Prevention, Sustainable Foods, Food Waste Management, AgriTech, Agri Fintech industries
- Must be located in Africa, Asia, Australia/NZ, Caribbean, Eastern Europe, Europe, Middle East, North America, South America
- Startup must be incorporated
- Prototype, users or paying users stage
- Angel, Pre-seed, Seed or Series A
- Have raised funding or not
- Currently raising or not raising funds
- Have revenue or not
Applications must be completed and submitted by 15 June, 2023. Click here to apply.