Before giving out your information on any website, do you feel like you are giving strangers a peep into your personal life? Yes?
It’s a perfectly normal reaction. People want to know what is going to happen with their information before giving it out.
So you own a website, how do you assure and reassure your users it’s okay to provide you with information?
It is important to make that declaration to your website visitors about what you intend to do with the information gathered from them.
The other half of the equation
Reason 1: Users are interested in their privacy… and you have to indulge them
It’s simple really. People care. They care about their personal information and what you want to do with it.
Reason 2: It may be required by the third-party apps
Over the course of running your websites, you might end up using some third party apps such as Google Adwords and Google Analytics.
- Your business name/website name, your location and your contact information
- Be very clear on the information you are collecting from them. It could range from names, email addresses and any other information you require.
- It’s also important to note how you are collecting this information and what you will be using it for.
- Emphasize how you intend to keep their information.
- It should also be clearly stated if the information you need them to share is optional or not and when they can opt-out if they want to.
- If you will be using any third-party, it’s also important to share.
Be transparent as possible and be open to contact. Allow your users to contact you if they have a query by providing your email address or through an online form your readers and use.