DeveloPPP Ventures Ideas Competition is an initiative of DEG Impulse gGmbH and the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH to support young companies to scale innovative business models in Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria and Tanzania that create positive impact and contribute to achieving the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Eligibility Requirements for the DeveloPPP Ventures Ideas Competition
- Business is registered in Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria or Tanzania OR plans to register there prior to the investment
- Must be privately owned and for-profit
- At least one annual financial statement is provided
- A viable business plan and a financial plan is available
- The company is operative and has generated first revenues from operating activities (Proof of Concept)
- The company should not have acquired more than a maximum of
EUR 2 million in funding to date
- Innovation: The business model is innovative with regard to the target
- Scalability: The company has a high growth potential due to the size of the market and the target group
- Financial Sustainability: The break-even point will be reached timely (maximum within 3 years)
- Adequate Management: The company has the necessary expertise as well as management capacity and human resources to substantially scale its business.
- Developmental Impact: The business model has a significant developmental relevance; impact is measurable, i.e. positive effects on the target group; and contributing to reaching the SDGs by increasing local income, saving natural resources, improving access to resources and services, and creating decent jobs.
- Receive grant funding of up to EUR 100,000
- Technical assistance based on your specific needs