UNESCO Youth Citizen Entrepreneurship Competition for Innovative Solutions to SDGs 2019
Tani Oludipe is a photographer with a background in law.…
UNESCO is inviting young people from around the world to submit their innovative ideas and projects with a societal impact, which champion and implement one or more of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals.
The Grand Prize, 2nd Prize, 3rd Prize and People’s Choice Prize winners will be selected in each of the following two categories:
- Best ideas category: innovative ideas and plans to be implemented (by the entrant or by others).
- Best projects category: already existing enterprise which has demonstrated social impact.
Finalists not chosen as prize winners will receive an Honorable Mention Badge.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 15 and 35.
- You must have an innovative idea for an enterprise which contributes to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) or you are operating such an enterprise in the form of a business, a non-profit organization or an informal program.
- Entries should be submitted in English.
March 18, 2019 – Competition launch, application opens.
May 15, 2019 – Voting & Commenting begins for all. Application still open.
August 31, 2019 – Deadlines for votes & comments
September 5, 2019 – 10 finalists announced in both categories
September 5, 2019 – Peoples choice Prize winners announced
September 15, 2019 – Deadline for receipt of videos from finalists in both categories.
October 5, 2019 – Deadline for Panel of Judges’ selection of the winners.
October 19, 2019 – winners announced at entrepreneurship summit in Berlin.
For more information, click here to visit the competition webpage.
To read more about the Sustainable Development Goals, click here
How to Apply
Interested applicants can submit either:
- An idea.
- A project.
To submit an idea, click here
To submit a project, click here