Apply for the SBN Nourish Nigeria Challenge 2023 NutriPitch Competition, presented by GAIN × FATE Foundation’s ScaleUp Lab Agribusiness Program. The Scaling Up Nutrition Business Network (SBN) is hosting the 2023 Edition of SBN’s Annual pitch competition in partnership with FATE Foundation. FATE Foundation is the longest-running enterprise support organization with over 22 years of delivering pre-incubation, incubation, and accelerator programs.
The project is a Business Model Research project and is part of a larger program grant of EUR80m focused on six African countries (Benin, Ethiopia, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, and Uganda)
The aim of this partnership is to identify innovative business models that are focused on accelerating low-income consumer’s access to nutritious food while being profitable; that is, the approach that can enable a company to capture value (and thus be profitable) while still providing the food at a price the customers are able and willing to pay.
In addition, the project will provide technical assistance to entrepreneurs in the nutrition space to strengthen their capacity and develop their business models leveraging on innovation to improve access to nutritious foods in Nigeria.
Program Highlights of the SBN Nourish Nigeria Challenge
Capacity Building on:
- Business Model Development for targeting low-income consumers.
- Developing an Effective 1–3-year Growth Plan
- Innovative Marketing for increased awareness of nutritious foods
- Nutrition and Food Safety
- Food systems
- Investment Readiness
- Business Pitch Skills
- Product Development (disruptive technological innovations)
- One-on-one mentoring for four (4) months
- Up to 10,000,000 Naira to be shared amongst the winners of the pitch competition.
- Professional Financial Services for the winners of the Close out/ Showcase event.
Eligibility Requirements for the NutriPitch 2023
- Be a Nigerian citizen (male or female).
- Be between the ages of 25 and 50 as of January 2024.
- Be a Founder, Owner manager, or CEO of a growth-stage agribusiness. venture. (Only one applicant per business will be accepted).
- Have your agribusiness focused on Nutrition and Innovation.
- Have a good business model that focuses on reaching low-income consumers.
- Have a unique/innovative marketing strategy.
- Have a minimum of three (3) full-time highly skilled staff in a managerial capacity (excluding part-time staff and low/semi-skilled staff).
- Have your Agribusiness venture registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) and be currently operating and generating income.
- Must be available to participate FULL-TIME in the one-week boot camp and ALL other activities required throughout the program.
Benefits of the SBN Nourish Nigeria Challenge
- One Week Pitch Readiness Bootcamp
- GAP Advisory Sessions
- Growth Plan Development
- Pitch Competition
- CEO Fireside Chat
- Series of Workshops and Masterclass Sessions (see program highlights for details on this)
- 4 months Hand-holding Mentorship Community.
- Access to our Alumni Community post-graduation
- N10,000,000 Naira to be shared amongst winners of the Pitch Competition
For more information about the the NutriPitch competition, click here.
Apply here on or before December 3, 2023.