Positive Disruption in the Workplace
Omolola Elsie Egunwale is the Founder of CHEN School of…
- “There is no greater thing you can do with your life and your work than follow your passions – in a way that serves the world and you.”
The workplace is a dynamic environment if you choose to see it with a different eye. Disruption is one of those words that gets thrown around a lot especially in the workplace. Disruption in the workplace isn’t always negative; it can do a lot for you and your team if you are equipped to do it right.
Disruption can be positive when it presents itself as an innovation and in the business world today, where consumer behavior and expectations are gradually forcing companies to rethink their every move – Innovation is essential for the survival of any business.
Positive disruption is simply changing things up and solving problems from a new perspective. To change things up and proffer solutions in the workplace using new innovations and perspectives, here are a few tips:
- Ensure that no matter what – the new innovation doesn’t take away from the work but it ultimately focuses on delivering the vision, objectives and goals of the company.
- Shift attention to the little things that has been overlooked. Remember, that little things matter!
- Rather than complain about all that isn’t happening or working in your favor at work develop an adaptable mindset because if you do not adapt to the changing business climates your business will disappear.
- Continue to raise the bar by identifying new ways of doing things
- Ensure that your team continues to acquire new skill set for the new innovative, disruptive ideas and if they are unwilling to learn you can get a new team.
- Ensure that you have a strong virtual presence because the world has gone digital and rather than react to change or be disrupted by technology invest in digital transformation.
- READ, LEARN, DO, DO AGAIN, and repeat the process until you achieve your desired result. Learning and innovation go hand in hand. The pride of success is to think that what you did yesterday will be adequate for tomorrow.
Disrupt every disruption you encounter. DISRUPTING the DISRUPTION is your innovations in action.