Unleash Your Innovation with Pitch AgriHack 2023!
Pitch AgriHack offers a platform for young agritech entrepreneurs to present technological solutions that’ll address food security challenges and empower smallholder farmers across the continent.
With a total prize money of US$45,000, Pitch AgriHack 2023 will reward the most promising ventures that address key challenges and promote sustainable agricultural development.
The competition awards winners in three (3) categories:
- Early-stage agritech ventures
- Mature or growth-stage agritech ventures
- Women-led agritech ventures
Three winners and three runners-up will be selected, with each winner receiving a cash prize of US$10,000 and each runner-up receiving US$5,000.
- Candidates are early-, mature- or growth-stage, or women-led technology or digital services companies with innovative solutions impacting smallholder farmers at scale.
- A clear and defined description on how their solution is impacting smallholder farmers.
- Strong organizational and operational structure.
- Be aged 18-40 on the day of submission to the 2023 Pitch AgriHack Competition.
- Hold nationality (with official ID) from any of the 54 nations of the African Union.
- Be the founder/co-founder of the enterprise represented in the competition and play an active role in its operations and leadership.
- Have no criminal record related to corruption, tax evasion, financial impropriety, felony or other offenses.
- Not be a previous Pitch AgriHack or GoGettaz finalist or winner.
- Submit the application form in English.
- Agree with the Terms & Conditions.
Finalists will pitch their agritech solutions to an esteemed panel of judges on stage, at a live finale event at the African Food Systems Forum (AFSF) in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, in September. The winners of Pitch AgriHack 2023 will also be awarded at the AFSF.
The AGRF Agribusiness Deal Room, attended by over 800 companies, 15 government delegations, and 150 public and private investors, will generate exciting new opportunities for these entrepreneurs to secure investments, partnerships, and mentorship.
For more information, click here.
Submit your application on or before 3 July 2023 by clicking this link.