The Jim Leech Mastercard Foundation Entrepreneurship Fellowship gives African students and recent graduates the opportunity to access training, resources, financial support and a network of mentors to develop their entrepreneurial skills and start building their own venture.
It is for African students and recent graduates who want to solve pressing problems and bring entrepreneurial ideas to life. The 8-month program develops the exceptional entrepreneurial skillset and mindset of leaders to drive social and financial impact.
Application Requirements for the Jim Leech Mastercard Foundation Entrepreneurship Fellowship
- Students and recent graduates from all academic disciplines, and from any African post-secondary institution.
- Entrepreneurs working on a business or looking to start something new
- Committed to developing your entrepreneurial mindset and taking advantage of the resources provided to develop their own enterprise.
- Ability to commit at least 10 hours per week. In order to progress through the program phases, participants will submit assignments online, adhering to strict deadlines.
- Prospective fellows who are unable to speak or write English are still encouraged to apply and form teams with someone who can fulfill all the requirements of the program in English. Prospective fellows may also work with their local university to come up with a strategy to make sure they are able to access university resources that will help them navigate the challenge related to language ability.
Benefits of the Fellowship
1. Best in Class Training: Business bootcamp delivered by Queen’s University faculty and industry leaders who bring decades of combined entrepreneurship and C-Suite experience.
You’ll also have access to The Disciplined Entrepreneurship framework, a proven step-by-step framework for scalable startups developed at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology; pitch coaching and mastery; live workshops on marketing, goal setting, and recruiting, and the opportunity to earn micro-credentials on Entrepreneurship awarded by Queen’s University for successful completion the courses.
2. Mentorship and Networking: As a fellow of the Jim Leech Mastercard Foundation Entrepreneurship Fellowship, you’ll have the opportunity to liaise with mentors and speakers leading innovation and entrepreneurship in North America; access a global network of Queen’s entrepreneurial alumni; join a cohort of thousands of like-minded students and recent grads from across Africa; mentor-matching with industry leaders and entrepreneurs and feedback at important startup milestones.
3. Funding Opportunities: Up to 60 Fellows will be selected in the final phase to receive a stipend of $500 CAD. There will also be opportunities to pitch for prizes of up to $15,000 CAD in the pitch competition at the end of the program and opportunities to travel to the Dunin-Deshpande Queen’s Innovation Centre to build lasting connections that will help your further your business venture.
Click here for more information about the Jim Leech Mastercard Foundation Entrepreneurship Fellowship.
Apply here on or before December 4, 2023 at midnight.