Business owners can use Facebook Marketplace to sell their products/services to local customers.
With over 2.85 billion Facebook users, it is worth finding out how this tool can help you reach both the new and existing customers online.
Facebook marketplace allows businesses to list their products and such will be seen by Facebook users. This includes people on the marketplace, feed, Facebook search, Facebook Groups or search engines.
The Marketplace is FREE to use. You can conveniently sell your business online without spending money on building a website for your business.
What to look out on Facebook Marketplace
- Choose a public location: For security reasons, you should only agree to deliver your product to a customer in a public place. If the value of your product requires a large amount of cash, you might consider using a person-to-person payment method.
While making a delivery transaction, remember to follow local COVID19 guidelines for how to stay healthy and help prevent the spread of coronavirus.
- Protect your privacy: Once you start using the marketplace, do not share your financial account information such as Payment login and password, bank account info, etc. with buyers online.
Updating your Facebook Privacy Settings also helps limit what other people can see (example: status updates, location, photos) on your profile page and what you share on Facebook.
- Watch out for potential scams: No one likes scams? They are everywhere! Be careful of people who pretend to be employees of Facebook and ask for your account information and personal details or suggest using any kind of services to complete a transaction on the marketplace.
4 easy steps to use the Facebook Marketplace
Step 1: Log into your Facebook App or web and select the marketplace icon below your screen
Step 2: Click the Sell icon, then Create listing. After clicking this icon, a new page will show up.
Step 3: Fill out your listing:
- Add your product pictures
- Create your listing title (Tip: Use a word your customers can easily search for)
- Add your price
- Choose a relevant listing category
- Select the condition of the item you are selling from the drop-down list
- Add relevant product tags
- Add your location
- Add product description
- Select the number of items available
- Delivery method (shipping or local pick up)
Step 4: Publish your listing
Why you may not have access to Facebook marketplace
- Verify if the Facebook Marketplace feature is available in your current location: Click to find a list of countries where Marketplace is available
- You are not up to 18 years of age
- You are new to Facebook
Are you going to explore the Facebook Marketplace? Share in the comment.