The D-Prize Grants for Social Impact Entrepreneurs is for aspiring entrepreneurs from anywhere in the world, of any age, and any background. If you can design a new business or NGO that delivers a proven poverty intervention at scale, then submit your design that solves one of D-prize’s Distribution Challenges. These include; health, water, agriculture, livelihoods, energy, public services and other highly-effective poverty intervention that are backed by credible evidence.
The D-Prize Challenge will award most promising teams with up to $20,000 USD to launch their new organization wherever extreme poverty exists.
Eligibility for the D-Prize Grants for Social Impact Entrepreneurs
- The D-Prize Grants for Social Impact Entrepreneurs is open to anyone or any team.
- D-Prize is also open to any business model (for profit, non-profit, and everything in between).
- D-Prize is for aspiring entrepreneurs from anywhere in the world, of any age, and any background.
- Funding existing organizations will be considered only if you are distributing an existing intervention and you have a need for high-risk capital that cannot be supported by your current donors or revenue.
- Existing organizations applying to D-Prize should have operated for no more than 18 months and raised no more than $30,000 in outside funding.
- You should have enormous ambition, and can imagine yourself as a successful entrepreneur. You are ready to launch your new venture, and if a pilot proves successful you are excited to grow it into a world changing organization.
- If you are still a student or have existing commitments, you should have a clear idea how to transition into a full-time founder.
- D-Prize is exclusively interested in ventures that will scale distribution of an already proven poverty intervention in the developing world. Prototypes of promising new interventions will not be funded. Please respond to one of the distribution challenges found here.
Deadlines and the Prize Process of the D-Prize Grants for Social Impact Entrepreneurs
First Round proposals will be accepted on a rolling basis, using the following deadlines. Decisions are sent out within four months and judges may request additional information via email before making a decision.
● Early decision deadline : 15 October 2023 at 23:59 PT (Pacific Time, UTC -7).
● Regular deadline : 5 November 2023 at 23:59 PT.
● Extension deadline : 26 November 2023 at 23:59 PT.
For more information about this grant opportunity for social impact entrepreneurs, click here.