Do you have an innovation that supports farmers and other agriculture stakeholders to build capabilities to mitigate the effects of climate change in low- and middle-income countries? If yes, then apply for the Agricultural Innovation for Climate Resilience Programme (AICR) by 01 March 2023 with your innovative idea.
The Agricultural Innovation for Climate Resilience Programme (AICR), a partnership between the WFP Innovation Accelerator and the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit GmbH (GIZ) and its Fund for the Promotion of Innovation in Agriculture (i4Ag), commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), is in search of scalable innovative solutions that support farmers and other agriculture stakeholders to build capabilities to mitigate effects of climate change on low- and middle-income countries (LMICs).
- Selected teams will be invited to participate in a 4-day fully virtual WFP Innovation Bootcamp in July 2023.
- Selected ventures will also be able to apply for the WFP Sprint Programme, which is a 6- to 9-month acceleration programme with access to:
- Support from the WFP Innovation Accelerator and relevant partners through the duration of their Sprints.
- Mentorship and access to a global network of relevant stakeholders in the humanitarian, business and international development cooperation space.
- Up to US$150,000 in equity-free funding for the implementation of a proposed growth plan.
- Solutions that have proven their concepts, scale, and value for social impact could qualify for further funding and support in future programmes or events in our alumni community.
WFP seeks early-stage solutions that are building value for social impact and can demonstrate that:
- Are at least at a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) stage. Proof of concept is preferred.
- Have conducted pilot(s) or already established feasibility.
- Have a product or service with a verified potential of commercial value and impact.
These solutions would be focused on one or more of the priority topics:
- Space-efficient Innovations
- Soil-Saving Innovations
- Water-Saving Innovations
- Renewable Energy Solutions
More details about these topics can be found here.
Mali, Burkina Faso, Niger, Nigeria, Cameroon, Togo, South Sudan, Ethiopia, Somalia, Kenya, Uganda, Zambia, Malawi, Madagascar.