Applications are open for the Miles Morland Foundation (MMF) Writing Scholarship 2020. The Miles Morland Foundation's main aim is to support entities in Africa which enable Africans to get their voices heard. It is particularly interested in supporting African Writing and African Literature.
Scholars writing Fiction will receive a grant of 18,000 Pounds Sterling, paid monthly over the course of 12 months. At the discretion of the foundation, Scholars writing non-fiction, who require more research time, could receive an additional grant, paid over a period of up to eighteen months.
The Scholarships are open to anyone writing in the English language who was born in Africa, or both of whose parents were born in Africa.
To qualify for the scholarship a candidate must submit an excerpt from a piece of work of between 2000 - 5000 words, written in English that has been published and offered for sale.
- A submission of between 2000 to 5000 words as a word document of work that has been published and offered for sale. Please send proof of publication
- A description of between 400 - 1000 words about the new book you intend to write
- A scan of an official document showing that you, or both of your parents, were born in Africa
- A brief bio of between 200 - 300 words
- Tell them how heard about Morland Writing Scholarships
Deadline: September 18, 2020
To learn more about how to apply click here